Name: Could you please introduce yourself?
Hello IIS community, I am Dr. Alpesh Patel, PhD, Registered Migration Agent, and Director at Visa Excellence –Education and Migration Consultation firm.
Location: Where in Sydney are you currently residing?
Marsden Park, NSW
Origin: Where are you originally from, and what brought you to Sydney?
I am a father of two from Ahmedabad, Gujarat-currently residing in Marsden Park and settled in Sydney since last 13 years.
I am a lifelong learner and believe in ‘adapt and evolve’. This mind set had helped me achieving respect professionally and socially. Sharing my education and employment journey with the intent to inspire others, I aim to convey the narrative without any form of self-promotion.
Academic and Professional Evolution
Being from humble background in childhood, I had quickly learnt that education will be a way out to the success. After completion of Bachelor of Pharmacy from Gujarat University, I moved to Punjab at National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, to complete master’s degree.
My journey in Sydney had started in 2010 as a PhD scholar at Macquarie University. As an appreciation of my research work in India, I was lucky to get scholarship from the university to cover my tuition fees, living expenses, health insurance and travelling cost totalling close
I started working as a post-doctoral research fellow at School of Chemistry, UNSW in 2014. I started working as a professional staff at Faculty of Pharmacy at USyd in the following year. I worked as a technical officer for 3 years before moving to Western Sydney University as a
Senior Technical officer. In 2021, I was promoted to my current role as a Technical Team Leader. My team provides research and teaching support to School of Science at Western Sydney University.
In 2022, I started a full-time study in Australian Immigration Law and passed Capstone examination with more than 80% score to become a Registered Migration Agent. It was challenging to juggle between the full-time study, full time work and family commitments.
- Registered Migration and Education Agent (MARN 2318354)
- Completed Graduate Diploma in Australian
- Immigration Law and Practice and
- Capstone examination in first trial with more than 80% score, while working full time – after leaving studies for a decade.
- Justice of Peace, NSW since 2015
- Technical Team Leader, Applied Science Team, Western Sydney University
- Authored 15 International Journal Articles and granted 2 Patents for my academic research
- Completed PhD Degree with a scholarship to cover all the expenses and stipend allowance.
- Worked in tertiary education industry for 13 years
- Small business owner and property investor