Preparing for a job interview can be a daunting task, but with the right approach, you can feel confident and ready to impress your potential employer. Here are some tips to help you prepare:
- Research the company: Before your interview, take the time to research the company you are applying to. Review their website, read recent news articles, and learn about their mission, values, and products or services. This will not only help you understand the company’s culture, but it will also give you talking points during the interview.
- Review the job description: Carefully review the job description and make a list of the skills, qualifications, and experience required for the role. Make sure you can speak to how you possess these qualifications.
- Practice your answers: Prepare answers to common interview questions such as “Why do you want to work for this company?” and “What are your strengths and weaknesses?” Practice answering these questions out loud to help you feel more confident.
- Prepare questions to ask: Come up with a list of questions to ask the interviewer during the interview. This will show your interest in the company and the role.
- Dress professionally: Make sure to dress professionally for your interview. This will help you feel more confident and make a good impression on the interviewer.
- Be on time: Plan to arrive at least 10-15 minutes early for your interview. This will give you time to relax and collect your thoughts before the interview starts.
- Bring copies of your resume and references: Bring a few copies of your resume and reference list to the interview. This will make it easier for the interviewer to refer to your qualifications and experience during the interview.
By following these tips, you’ll be well-prepared for your job interview and ready to make a great impression on your potential employer. Remember, confidence is key so practice and be yourself.
- Make sure your clothes are clean, ironed and presentable.
- Make eye contact, and shake hands with a firm handshake. This will show your confidence when you meet the interviewer for the first time.
- Sit up straight and maintain excellent posture. By doing this, you’ll keep your composure and won’t fidget while you’re speaking.
- Be sure you showcase what you’ve done to date and what you’ve accomplished.
- Report late to your interview. If there is no choice but to show up late, call your interviewer ahead of time to let him know when you will be arriving.
- Hide your true personality. Not sure of what to wear? Review our pointers.
- Smoke before your interview; however, a quick cigarette might calm your nerves, but the scent will be unpleasant for the interviewers.
- Big NO NO. Never Criticise your current or previous employer.